Friday, August 08, 2008

26 1/2 Hours


Last Saturday we took Seville to the doctor for a limp. He thought it was something called Toxic Synovitis, but when she got suddenly way worse Wednesday night, we all grew suspicious. So Thursday morning, having been up most of the night with her, we took Seville to the doctor again. He sent us straight to the emergency room at Emanuel, and after various tests, poking, prodding, ultrasounds, X-rays, etc, they sent us to the O.R. to have a surgeon take a look. He did a needle aspiration to check her out and by the time all was said and done it was around midnight. We stayed overnight in the infant's and toddler's ward, and around noon today, over 24 hours later, we were released, various medical professionals having determined that Seville is clear of the most scary and urgent possible problems, and it probably is, in fact, Toxic Synovitis (which is benign, and should resolve on its own). We have to watch and observe for several days. More on this later, for now I plan to get some sleep for the first time in... let's see....

3 comments:

Montana Blakes said...

Skye,
I hope things turn out fine. One of our kids was diagnosed with toxic synovitis a few years ago. It took care of itself and he's fine now.
--Ana

Stargirl said...

For something benign, "Toxic Synovitis" sure sounds scary. Why don't they name benign things with benign-sounding names? "Seville has the Temporary Limps" or "Seville is suffering from Five Minute Gimps" or something. I have a benign condition called Gilbert's Syndrome and that sounds much less threatening than something with "Toxic" in the name. Yeesh!

Ben & Diane said...

man......as a parent I always like to be on the safe side but that was a lot to go through for the same diagnosis. I am glad it will clear up on it's own. Hope she is limpless soon.