Thursday, November 20, 2008

Where, oh Where has my little blog gone

Wondering where we've been? See that picture on the right there? Yes, that is a picture of me re-formatting my hard drive. Yes, I reformatted it because my computer totally and completely and irrevocably crashed. Yes, it means I lose all my data.

Lucky for me, I've been backing up my data pretty regularly (actually, luck had nothing to do with it. It was more brilliance and forethought on my part). I still lost some stuff, but nothing too devastating. I have all my pictures and videos and personal documents, stuff like that.

What I don't have is a fully functioning computer yet. I've got an operating system loaded, my internet running, and a browser. I haven't installed drivers and plugins and applications and stuff yet. Nor have I restored my docs from backups, so I don't have pictures yet either. And I've lost all my customization, which is a pain.

So I'll be busy working on that for several days, I'm sure. So probably no blogging (or checking blogs) for me.

(okay, wait a second, am I becoming one of those "blog apologizers"? Like those people who call or write and say... "oh, geez, I've been meaning to call" but never have anything substantial to say? Or those journal entries where they all start with "boy, it's been so long since I've written anything I'm not sure where to start." sigh.)

2 comments:

Tamara said...

my hard drive died too this summer. and now... well. i think it's time for a new computer anyway.

and i have been off the blog too.

let's not be apologists.
but it is good to hear a lil somethin from ya!
:)

Ben & Diane said...

that's a shame