We just got back from a week in Sunriver with my folks (well... Seviulle and I spent a week there, anyway. Jared joined us just for the weekend.) It's funny how vacations are never long enough. I brought books, journals, an easel, paints, my guitar, the stroller, etc, all planning on having lots of free down time to do whatever. As it happened, the week flew by, despite the fact that we did not much withour spare time other than play fetch with my parents' dog.
This is my parents (new-ish) dog, Molly. Seville seems to figure that since they're about the same height, they are friends.
Seville spent many hours throwing this ball into the water, and Molly dutifully fetched it, despite the fact that it was about 2 feet away. It was almost as if Molly was teaching Seville how to play "fetch" and not the other way around.
Returning from Seville's first canoe ride. She kept wanting to touch the water, and we kept trying to explain to her that the boat would tip over if she leaned over the side. No matter, she kept trying. Eventually I went ahead and held her over the side while Jared carefully counterbalanced the other direction.
(I posted a ton of pictures for my family to see, so if the above 5 aren't enough for you, they are at http://picasaweb.google.com/skye.engstrom/Sunriver2008# )
1 comment:
Looks like a ton of fun. I haven't been to sunriver since I was a teen! Pix are too cute :)
Post a Comment