We have real actual chicks! I've wanted chickens for some time now, but we just finally got ourselves together enough to do it. We got baby chicks on Wednesday, and Seville is totally enamored of them (as am I. I mean, really, who wouldn't be?)
They're really unbearably cute. They are so soft and fuzzy and weigh about as much as a paperclip and do nothing but peep and poop all day. Believe it or not, the constant pooping is a commodity I was looking forward to. I
In the meantime, we need to find names for them (which means we can't eat them, as I understand it. You can't eat something that has a name.). Our neighbor, who has long teased us about our cat's name (Richard Parker - after the tiger in "The Life of Pi" - we always use both the first and last name, as in the book) says he fully expects sophisticated first and last names for the chickens as well. We'll see.

4 comments:
Name Suggestion = Che Guevara
Oh how cute! Seville looks like she might be in Heaven!! How many chicks do you have?
We have two, so far. We're picking up another two this week. I wanted different kinds and couldn't get all the ones I wanted at the same time. I plan to stop at four. :)
How about BBQ? Deep Fried? Grilled? Stuffed? Those sound like excellent names.
Post a Comment