- Food! Lots of people have brought us dinners and food and it is so much appreciated. Cooking is the last thing I want to think about right now.
- A friend came to my house and took all my dirty laundry (it was a lot, too). She brought it all back washed and folded that night.
- A couple people have visited make-your-own-dinner places (Dream Dinners, Dinners Ready) and brought us a pile of food to freeze and pull out for an easy meal. We've already tried them and they're SO handy.
- Flowers. I love flowers. Never underestimate their power around here.
- Jared's boyscout troop came to survey our yard. Rumor has it they're planning to pick up the slack for us. whee!
- My friend Emily stayed with us for a full 10 days and became, essentially, our live-in nanny during post-surgery, first-chemo week.
- I've had family come do 'round-the-house tasks. It's so great because I will never get to lots of things at this point.
- Some friends sent their cleaner to our house for an afternoon (!)
- Notes, Cards, Phone Calls, Emails: we're overwhelmed by the love we feel from people sending us messages that we are in their thoughts and prayers. We really feel and appreciate you.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
God's Little Helpers
Posted by
Skye
I have to say... people have been sooo wonderful! Seriously, if you need to restore your faith in humanity, come hang out here for a while. Here are some of the things people have done for us:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I saw this first hand in the Engstrom home, and it's incredible.
When humanity truly works, it is the brightest light I've ever seen on earth.
sigh...
and I was right.
I miss Seville.
Post a Comment