I'm still here and still pregnant. I'm still being monitored (though not as closely as before), still having contractions, and still losing fluid. But so far no labor. If I make it until morning, our outlook will be much better than it has been.
Meanwhile (as if we need more complications) Seville is having a problem with her left hip. She was up most of the night crying apparently (grandma reports) and wouldn't walk today until evening, at which point she started limping around a bit. We've had this problem before, and I'm pretty sure it's something called Toxic Synovitis. If her symptoms stay under control, it's probably ok and will eventual resolve, but there is a point at which we'd need to take her to the hospital. We've been through a Toxic Synovitis hospital stay with her before and it was no fun at all. They did lots and lots of tests and put her through a lot of miserable stuff. So we'd like to spare her that if she seems to be doing ok and improving. However, she really needs a parent right now, so Jared has gone home to be with her and have her sleep in her own bed and such. The problem with that, of course, is that things with me could happen in an instant, and he might have to rush down here in his PJs in order to catch the birth of his babies. That's a worse case scenario, of course, but it's not an unlikely one. So we really are crossing our fingers and praying that nothing will happen with either me or Seville tonight, since Jared can't be two places at once.
Thanks so much to all of you who are wishing us well, including us in your prayers, and offering help. I'm sure we'll need lots of help, we just don't know exactly what and when yet. We'll try to keep you posted. Thanks!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH!!! Thank you for the update! I've been thinking lots about you guys! Stay strong. I'll be praying for you!
Ugh, Skye, you're in my prayers... I can't imagine what it's been like for you guys. What a happy yet frustrating roller coaster. Crazy as it is, you're still in the "hot pregnant lady" category...even if you don't feel like it at this point :-)
Post a Comment