Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Afternoon update

So, I'm not into posting lots and lots of updates every day, but things have changed enough since this morning, that it's worth another update this afternoon. Basically, as of this morning, I thought for sure we'd have babies by this afternoon. But I don't feel that way now.

The doctor has had all kinds of restrictions and orders for Skye - like not eating food for the last 48 hours or so (I know it's to prevent the possibility of aspiration, but how can not eating for 2 days be helpful to anyone?!). After some discussion with the doctor (where she admitted that the hospital is not a prison and that they can't stop Skye from doing what she wants), Skye (with help from her mom) took it upon herself to do a bunch of things she wasn't supposed to do. She took a shower, she ate food (the doctor later gave her permission to eat) and now she's a completely different person. She's calm, relaxed and doesn't look like a woman about to go into labor. So, at this point, who knows - maybe she won't be having babies today. Only time will tell. But things are looking much better than they were this morning.

2 comments:

Ben & Diane said...

Thanks for the updates. I know that at times like this, keeping everyone updated is not high on the list. As well, it shouldn't be. I am so glad that Skye did what she wanted and NEEDED. I am not anti doctor but for every procedure and surgery and labor I have been through I have been advised to not wear my insulin pump. It never turnnd out well. I am finally at the point where I tell them that I AM going to wear it and they can't stop me and it has always turned out better because I know my body. We'll all keep praying for all of you. Is there anything at all we can do from a distance?

Skye said...

So true! I kind of feel like a jerk when I defy a doctor's specific orders, but at some point you have to do what you know you need to.