I am still here and doing well. Contractions in the night got painful and woke me up frequently, but they have slowed and eased up. I was sent back to labor and delivery for a while this morning for monitoring, but everything looks good, the contractions are less severe, and they sent me back upstairs (to the comfier beds).
Blessedly, Seville is also doing better. She slept through the night last night and woke up walking, so she is now off to a friend's house to play and Jared will finally get some work done (not that work is the most important thing at the moment - we all realize that - but given that we are HOPING I will be here for a few weeks, we want to keep things as normal as possible until something noteworthy happens.)
I had hospital Cream of Wheat this morning, and it wasn't noticeably different than homemade Cream of Wheat. I can't decide whether that's good or bad. On the one hand, finally a hospital food that isn't either too soggy or too dry! On the other hand, it only emphasized the fact, in my brain, that Cream of Wheat is inherently bland and mushy and slimy, and I'm not sure I'll be able to eat it at home again without thinking of it as hospital food for the infirm. hm.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment