After a week of extreme caution and virtual bedrest, trying to get my contractions to slow down, I had a doctor appointment on Friday and they checked "things" out. Everything is looking good! I've had no dilation to speak of since I left the hospital, so nobody is worried anymore. It looks like the pre-term labor of last week was an isolated incident due to the stomach flu (or whatever), and I'm back to being a normal 3rd trimester twin pregnant person. Which means I'm not very mobile and it hurts to walk around, but there's no
danger in it, which is awesome.
I celebrated the good news this morning by prepping a couple of garden beds for planting. I had assumed before that I might not be able to plant a garden this year, which would be so tragic! So I got all stoked at the idea of putting peas in the ground. I admit, after about 5 minutes of shoveling dirt and turning it with a pitchfork I realized how ridiculous this idea was (I mean, come on. I can hardly walk by now, danger to fetuses or not). But Jared helped me out and we got a couple beds mulched and ready to go. I spent the next loooooong time sitting in a reclining lawn chair gasping for breath while my hip joints trembled and attempted to relax.

Seville climbed all over me, bounced around, sang songs, and peed on the lawn while I lay there (with my permission, nay, even at my suggestion, because I didn't think I could walk up the deck and into the house with her. Am I a bad parent?). The chickens got a little break from their coop and scratched and pecked in our yard for a while. It was a great day.

Oh, and the OTHER great news is that Baby "A" turned around and got his head down last week. Not that I needed them to tell me that - it was quite an event. It happened Thursday night and it sent me grasping myself and lying on the couch to recuperate. Afterward I could tell by the types of movement I felt in which places that he had turned around. Anyway, this means I'm officially in the game of being able to attempt a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean). I chose my doctor, hospital, and everything based on NOT wanting another C-Section, which is what 99% of doctors will automatically do if you have
both a previous C-Section AND twins in there. But there are criteria, and the first is that the first baby needs to be head down. So I was happy about that too (now, if Baby "B" could only turn around, it would makes things easier still).
5 comments:
Skye,
so glad you are feeling better! I can't believe you went out and tried to till your garden grounds!! I'm glad Jared was there to help. Did you forget the part where you were just in the hospital to try to keep the babies from coming? ;) Why are we Pixton's so incredibly hard to slow down? The pictures are beautiful. it all looks very sweet and majical.
You are a BRAVE woman. I bow to you.
Seriously, you are amazing! I'm only FIVE months pregnant with ONE and I'm not as ambitious as you are! I'm glad everything is going well. :)
I kind of love that you told Seville to just pee on the lawn.
So excited to hear you are having twin boys! Congratulations and horray for you! We miss seeing you. Maybe we should visit your ward again.
Post a Comment