So, food is oftentimes a challenge for me lately - especially those first few days after chemo. Nothing sounds good to eat and yet I feel a need to satisfy the hunger pangs in my stomach. Fortunately, there is always one thing that I like to eat: rainbow sherbet. I can't seem to get enough of the stuff. I just thought you'd all like to know.
With all the kindness and generosity I've received over the last couple of months, it wouldn't surprise me if cartons of rainbow sherbet just started showing up on my doorstep now that I'm admitting my fondness for it. And while I sincerely appreciate the thought, please don't bring me any rainbow sherbet. Trust me, I have plenty.
The biggest question I have about rainbow sherbet at this point is whether or not I'll like it after I put cancer in my rear view mirror. I've heard a lot of cancer survivors still have very negative and/or nauseous associations with certain foods, places or things based on exposure to them during cancer treatment. If that ends up being the case with me and rainbow sherbet, I'm ok with that. I'm more than willing to sacrifice my fondness for rainbow sherbet to preserve my enjoyment of many other fine foods and desserts. Just so you know.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Just be sure to stay away from the Choco Taco until you are done with chemo. It would be a shame to have a negative association with such a delicious treat. :)
Keep up the good work, Jared!
Andy
(in a Homer voice)
ouhh...
the choco taco......
Hey buddy, I'm glad to hear you're doing so well and that you'll be done earlier than expected. Lindsey gives me daily updates of stuff she reads on your blog which is great--it's pretty nice to be able to follow how you're doing. We'll keep praying for you.
Just think, you'll be playing ball again in no time. I wish I could play you right now though, it's the only way I'd ever have a chance at beating you...well maybe I'll still have a chance if you eat enough rainbow sherbet. ha ha.
Nick - for what it's worth, I played basketball for about 90 minutes today. Except for the fact that I was sucking wind, it felt great to get out on the court. You definitely would have beat me out there today - but that's no different than it's always been...
Post a Comment