Sunday, September 30, 2007

Light the Night

Jared's work sponsored us to participate in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society "Light the Night" cancer walk Friday night. It's this fundraising event where you walk downtown for a few miles carrying balloons with lights in them (they're actually really cool. You hold this little battery pack in your hand and the string to the balloon is this little copper wire that powers the light bulb. Naturally, Jared the patent guy thought they were ingenious)


Here is the BSTZ team.


You can see one white balloon in this picture. Cancer patients and survivors carried white (everyone else, red). So Jared had a white one too.


This is fuzzy, but closer to what it actually looked like. Kinda glow-ey.

I didn't know too much about this in advance, but I guess people at Jared's work ponied up and sponsored him to the tune of $800+. If I were a smart person, I would have posted on this blog before the event and invited others to sponsor him/us. But I didn't really know anything about it since a lady at his work handled it all. So, oh well. Next year.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a Wonderful Event! What a wonderful Blessing it was for all of you, and what a Wonderful Place that Jared works for! Looking Good and Happy! Still praying for My Engstrom Family! Take Care, Diana Crandall

The Paulks said...

Wish we could have come to support, but we were there in spirit! Plus, Maddy loves balloons. I'm sure she would have been there in a heartbeat! Keep up the good work!

Tamara said...

How cool! I've always wanted to go to one of those! I love LLS! Such a great group!

Jason and Emily said...

ooh pretty! I deem this the "feel good event of the year."