Monday, December 31, 2007

Fictitious Numbers

Are you serious people?! As of this moment, according to my little poll on the right, fully 88% of you think a jillion is more than a zillion! I mean, come on! A zillion is clearly more! I mean, it has a Z in it for heaven's sake. Anything starting with a Z obviously has to be more than something starting with a mere and paltry J. I mean, please. You can't be serious.

ok, I gotta get more votes here. All you who haven't noticed the poll up till now, you have to weigh in for me. (Also, if you don't vote for zillion I'm going to lose my bet with Jared. I am loathe to lose a bet with Jared, so think about this before you vote! The logical answer is SO a zillion!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A tongue-in-cheek Washington Post newspaper column by Joel Achenbach that ran March 8, 2007 about the U.S. federal deficit opens: "As you may have heard, the latest White House proposal for the federal budget amounts to a bazillion gazillion dollars, give or take a jillion."

Susan said...

oh hey...it's the unknown blog reader. But truthfully, a jillion, tho not real, is certainly larger than a zillion! I feel the order for these super numbers really is: million, billion, trillion, zillion, jillion, bajillion, godzillion. So you win!

Tamara said...

i'm just grateful someone brought up "bajillion" -- because that is obviously the biggest of them all. i tend to use the phrase "80 bajillion" as much as possible in my regular vernacular.

Jason and Emily said...

ow... I just got yelled at. I don't work well under this pressure...!

And plus, my loyalties lie with you first, so now it's gotten personal. So now I'm biased too.

That's it. I'm not voting.

Skye said...

So... sigh... the results are in, and despite my last-minute campaigning, I lost the bet with Jared.

I really am shocked. Really. People really feel that a jillion is more than a zillion? Man. I must be out of touch. These kids today!!

I am glad, however, to add bazillion and gazillion to the mix. Thanks, anonymous, for the laugh. And gremhog for the proper order of things.

Now I must go give Jared his five bucks. Or footrub. Or whatever it was. sigh.