Since Seville is not allowed into the NICU, we have a challenge including her in our new family and introducing her to her new baby brothers. It broke my heart to learn they wouldn't allow her in - she had been so excited to meet them. In any case, we decided we'd have a challenge either way, because it would be difficult to explain to her where they are and why they have tubes and things, even if she was allowed in. None of this is what a 3 year old might expect. Thankfully, she doesn't really know any different, and so when we explained that the babies came out a little bit too soon and they're in a place where they are still pretending to be inside a tummy, she took it at face value.
We introduced her to them for the first time with pictures, in my hospital room, and I caught a little of it on my iPhone. It's cute, you can see her little mind churning, trying to process what's going on in the pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi there, this is Kristina Rausch from Ayers Elementary. I will be praying your two new little ones are home soon. I am married now and have two girls. I would love to catch up sometime in the future.
Note: I deleted the last comment because I had included my email address which my husband informed me is not a wise idea. We can figure out a way to get in contact when things have settled down a little bit.
I hope your boys are getting stronger by the minute.
Margaret has my contact info. I found her after I found your blog.
Please rest when you can. We can talk later.
Hey Kristina! I can't believe I'm hearing from you. I'd love to catch up. You can find me on my website: www.skyepixton.com
Post a Comment